~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, October 23, 2010

BAM! Check Out This Halloween House!

When I'm a grandma, I want this to be my house:



It pretty much looks like an explosion in a toy factory. Christmas does too, except, you know, with Christmas decorations. And Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and Independence Day. You can't go through a real holiday in this town without driving by the Party Grandma's house and soaking up her enthusiasm. It just sort of tops everything off.

I met the cute woman who owns this place. She told me it takes three days to put everything up. I asked her where she kept it all in the off season. She just smiled, pointed to her garage, and said, "Well, my husband wishes there were a place to park the cars.

Now you might find this eccentric, but I think it is cool. Here is a woman who is throwing her arms out and embracing the seasons with her whole heart. She is embracing life and loving it. Not only that, she spreads it to others. I could take a leaf out of that book. But in the meantime, I'll just take a treat. I'll bet she hands out rocking candy on Halloween.


1 comment:

Russo said...

LOVE the Halloween house and I love that I was there when this pic was snapped :)