~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to . . .

I'm a total grinch about birthdays. I think it's because I hate being the center of attention. Every year, I try to find a way to keep from getting sung to, and every year I fail. (Seriously, don't sing to me. Don't. I will hunt you down.) This year, I'm trying something new. I've devised a plot, a scheme, to divert the focus from myself by providing ya'll with a list of famous people also born on October 20. If you'd like to sing and celebrate and wrap presents in pretty paper for them, knock yourselves out!



Bela Lugosi, 1882

I find it hilarious that the man himself,
the original Dracula, should be born in the month of Halloween.




Earl Hindman, 1942

Hidey ho, neighbor! I watched this show religiously when I was a kid.


Tom Petty, 1950

He's kind of before my time. I've never really listened to his music.
But, whatever. I like this picture.


Carrie Fisher, 1956

Ok, so she was born on the 21st, but I'm a geek and it's my birthday.
I can have Princess Leia in my blog post if I want, right?




Snoop Dogg, aka Calvin Broadus, 1971

Umm, actually I can't remember why I ever thought this one was cool.
Moving right along . . .



John Krasinski, aka Jim Halpert, 1979

Ah, Jim. Curse you and your chronic adorableness.




Proper etiquette dictates saving the best for last . . .

Viggo Mortensen, 1958

This here is the real reason we all should be celebrating October 20, folks. By far the best birthday present I could ever get. October 20 should be a national holiday, just for this guy. I think we need one more pic of Viggo, don't you?




Aaaaaand, one more of Jim.


5 comments:

Janiel Miller said...

Awe-some! I'm singing the heck out of you tomorrow, babycakes!

jenna said...

You haven't listened to TOM PETTY? Maegan! this must be rectified. Nice try at distracting me but... i still remember tomorrow is your day.

Maegan Langer said...

Actually Jenna, I do like his song, "Free Falling," but that's the only one I know.
Janiel, I'm thisclose to kidnapping you and making sit through a horror movie marathon on our big flat screen. Just saying . . .

Sara B. Larson said...

OH, yes Viggo! What an amazing birthday you have. Wow. Hope he gives you everything you're hoping for! ;)

Russo said...

I am so glad you were born on a day full of absolute hotties and Viggo!! So freaking cool :)

And no Tom Petty? Oh, Maegan, 'Mary Jane' and 'Free Falling'ya gots to listen to them