~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Feets In The Shoes


See those feets? Those are the feets of a mom and a kid who can't imagine that they wear the same sized shoes. In fact, the kid wears slightly larger shoes than the mom. And the reason it is astonishing? Because a mere ten minutes ago those kid feet supported something more along the lines of this:


Well okay. Back then those feet weren't big enough support anything heavier than itty bitty baby tights. But you know what I mean. *Sigh* And now the mom can hardly wait to get the feet below (which are the same as the feet on the right, two pictures above) home for Christmas:


(I don't know who the icy guy is in my kid's arms, but he ain't coming home with her.)  This all happens awfully quickly. And Christmas takes on a whole new meaning when the college-kid comes back. Everyone thinks she's been gone for a year. Her littlest brother sleeps in her room occasionally so he won't miss her so much. They're all waiting to hug her like she's hugging Mr. Frosty there above.

Me? I can't wait for her to get back and borrow my clothes. Or stay up half the night talking and laughing with me. Or talk me into watching Persuasion one more time. Only after unwrapping every present, singing every carol, visiting every family member and friend, eating every bit of ham and turkey and fudge, playing the very last allowable game of "Apples to Apples," and participating in the traditional sibling-group-viewing-of-Hercules, plus some sledding, will she be allowed to leave again for another semester.

Maybe I can steal her contact lenses while she's here so I have to go back down to campus (yes, she's really not that far away, but she is away), pick her up, and take her to the eye doctor again. If nothing else it will give us a chance to take another picture of our feet together in his waiting room. That might last me another couple months.  In the meantime, we'll enjoy her feet (and her eyes) while we've got them. :)


2 comments:

Russo said...

Oh, this post did my heart good. I loved the pics and the sentiment!

Sara B. Larson said...

Awe, tender vittles! Enjoy all your feet and eyes and stuff and Merry Christmas!