~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 23, 2011

Anybody Out There?

Soooooo. It's Monday. I'm still here. If you're reading this, you must have missed out on the rapture too.

At first, I was a little bummed when Saturday came and went without so much as a hiccup. No earthquakes. No tempests. Not even a single zombie. I mean, I'm a reasonably decent person. I recycle. I don't talk on my cell phone in the movie theatre. I try not to tailgate. Do none of these things qualify me?

But then I did a head count. Guess what? No one in my family was raptured either. Nor were any of my friends. My gnomies, Janiel and Russo, are still here. (Seriously, I thought for sure Janiel would have been raptured at least.)

Actually, I'm kinda glad. There are still lots of things to look forward to: Pirates 4, Harry Potter, X-Men. Would you believe I haven't even read HUNGER GAMES yet? Not to mention the final book in the SHIVER series, because I cannot leave this world without knowing what happens to Grace and Sam. Sorry. Can't do it. And dude! We don't want to miss out on Janiel and Russo's books when they get published, right?

If I were to wax philosophical, and I often do, I'd say the End-That-Wasn't is a sign that there's still plenty of Gnomes out there who need slaying. Plenty of good still left to be done in the world. Just a thought.

How about you guys? What are some things you're looking forward to, or perhaps some Gnomes you'd like to take on, now that we know life is going to march on just as before?

10 comments:

Sara B. Larson said...

Yeah, I'm still here, too. So's everyone else near as I can tell. ;) I'm glad, because I can't wait to meet my baby girl, and to see my book on a shelf someday! (Among many, many other things)

Just Another Hat said...

Yes, I too am still here...a lot of gnomes I have yet to conquer, I suppose. Have you read the Left Behind Series? It's a good read. A lot more books than the Harry Potter Series, and with just as many villains.

Greenacremama said...

LOL..my friend was kinda hoping it would get her outta doing the laundry and paying bills. No such luck! I didn't even get to cut all of the grass so now half of it will look like a marshland by next weekend. So I just knew there was no rapture gonna happen...not enough irony.Plus a big ugly frog told so. ; )

Robin said...

I'm still here, too. And not shocked a bit. The next item on my Big To-Do Life List is learn to have fun. But first I have to learn to relax. And not feel like I have to do all the work before I have fun. And mostly stop looking for things to do instead of having fun. I rationalize by saying I want to have guilt-free fun and the only way to do that is if all the work is done. But really, I'm just looking for ways not to have fun. They say that awareness is the first step, so I'm betting I get it figured out before too long.

Janiel Miller said...

You will notice that I have not commented yet, because I have, in fact, been raptured.

Of course I am a bit bummed about it, because I was still hoping to conquer the gnomes of talking too much, comparing self to others, having fun without stressing about it (Robin and I were separated at birth, in many ways. None of them having to do with her extreme talents in, like, anything artisanal. And a bunch of other stuff), and eating chocolate without gaining weight.

Ah well. Perhaps in my next life.

Kelly L said...

Hi - I am asking for fellow bloggers to visit my site in hopes that we can find a match for a young girl that desperately needs a bone marrow transplant. Would be great if you could visit today too. Thank you. Kelly
http://ivebecomemymother.blogspot.com/2011/05/help-save-child-urgent-request.html
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook

Maegan Langer said...

We want to see your book on a shelf too, Sara! And meet your little girl. Or at least see tons of cute pics :)

I haven't read the Left Behind series, Just Another Hat, but I've heard of it. I'll have to add those to my ever-growing to-read list.

I'm with you, Robin. The kicker is, work is never done. There's always more work to do. We have to give ourselves permission to take a break from all the work and have a little fun in between.

Janiel, you can blog from heaven?!?! That's awesome!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I am certain I would still be here if there was a rapture. I've got to work on my patience and see the next Harry Potter.

Maegan Langer said...

Me too, Grumpy Grateful. Me too.

Russo said...

You are one of the most gracious people I know-how sweet are you to mention me and Janiel. Thank you for being such a dear friend.

BTW I freaking love this post-everything turned out perfectly. You had humor and grace in this post.