~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to School

Even though I'm done with the whole school thing (for now at least - never say never), I still get that same giddy, back-to-school feeling every fall. That feeling of newness, anticipation, but most of all, moving forward.

Last week, I talked about measuring one's life in 10-year blocks. I graduated from high school 10 years ago. Rather than dealing with that fact in any direct manner by going to my 10-year reunion, I went with my mom to her 40-year reunion instead. I didn't know a soul there, but I think I heard "You look just like your mom did in high school!" about fifty times. I guess I can see it.

I think we can all agree on who had better hair back in the day.




















We've come a long way, haven't we?

The number one song in 1971 (at least according to almighty Wikipedia) was Three Dog Night's Joy to the World. In 2001, it was Hanging By a Moment. Would you think me a traitor to my generation if I said I prefer 1971's pick? Even if Lifehouse has much better hair? And clothes? And lyrics that actually kinda make sense? No? Oh, what a relief! In that case, you won't object if I ask you to join me. Ready? All together now: JEREMIAH WAS A BULLFROG (DUH DUH DUH) WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE . . .

7 comments:

Cassidy Jo said...

Haha, I infinitely prefer '70s and '80s to contemporary :) Cute pictures of you and your mom!

jjsundevil said...

russe goose told me U had stylin hair
yepperdoodledoo she be right

jjsundevil said...

me luvs the long locks on UR mom 2

jenna said...

oh, senior portraits are priceless. Did I ever tell you that a bird pooped on my head on the way to get mine taken? True story... and the photo was horrible. I love both of yours.

Janiel Miller said...

I like this little trip down your memory lane! You DID look like your mom in High School! Freaky!

William Kendall said...

So that's where that lyric came from? I remember it being used on the X-Files once....

Maegan Langer said...

I've heard it was featured in an X-Files episode, though I think I must have missed that one . . .