~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 14, 2011

As Samwise Said . . .

Well, I'm back.

I just spent two weeks in Middle Earth. I stood on the very same path where the Hobbits first met the Black Rider, walked barefoot on a black sand beach, gazed at the stars through a telescope on a cold, windy mountain, ate lunch in Lothlorien forest, witnessed the haka and a sheepdog demonstration (not at the same time), rode a kiwi horse (for exactly five minutes thanks to the changeable island weather), sailed through a glow-worm cave on an underground stream, crossed Lake Wakatipu by ferry at night, had close encounters with sea lions and yellow-eyed penguins, and sang LOTS of Welsh songs at various venues for sundry audiences, including a vineyard (for the sheep), inside Waitomo cave (for the glow worms) (yes William, that actually happened), and the Wellington Opera House (for the humans).

That's me, having a moment with a waterfall in New Zealand.

I did NOT, however, kiss Richard Armitage. Not that I wouldn't have liked to, but still. Never happened.

Last Monday, my dear gnomie Janiel hinted that I also had a close encounter with the North & South guy, who happens to be in New Zealand, filming The Hobbit. (Which I take as a HUGE compliment, btw, so thank you for that, dear gnomie Janiel.) I just felt like I should do the responsible thing and set the record straight. Again, not that I wouldn't have liked to, but you know, I was all busy singing and stuff and he was all busy filming and it's really hard to coordinate schedules but I should have had my people call his people to maybe arrange something I mean I was there I should have at least tried . . .

Wait, what was I talking about?

New Zealand! Right. My new favorite place. I wish I could have found a way to stuff the whole country in my luggage and bring it home with me. It sure is fun to travel to far-off places, but there's something to be said for coming home, too.

Even if I didn't get to kiss Richard Armitage. Or get so much as a glimpse of those pretty, pretty blue eyes . . . Whoops, there I go again.

Our pal Richard as Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit. Man, he's even handsome as a dwarf . . . Sheesh! Okay, I'll stop now. For reals.

7 comments:

Cassidy Jo said...

sounds awesome! can't wait to hear more about it!

jenna said...

that was the trip of a lifetime, make out session or no...

Norma Beishir said...

New Zealand is definitely on my To Visit list!

William Kendall said...

I'd like to see it myself!

I haven't seen Mr. Armitage in anything... I only know he's in the last couple of seasons of MI5/Spooks, which hasn't aired here as of yet....

Maegan Langer said...

William, he was very good in North & South, although that is kind of a girly movie. And I could be totally biased, since I am a girl. You might want to wait for The Hobbit. It's looking like it's going to be truly EPIC.

Janiel Miller said...

Didn't he also play the Sheriff of Nottingham in some Robin Hood series?

And William, if you're in touch with your feminine side, or want to score points with the feminine woman at your side, you should totally watch North and South. The BBC Elizabeth Gaskell show, not the Civil War series.

Russo said...

Oh my freaking fun, two weeks in Middle Earth would be heavenly. I can't believe all the LOTR sites you visted. I have never heard of a kiwi horse. I invision a horse with a kiwi's head :)

Wait you saw a glow worm? I didn't know they were real. What an adventure, my friend. Congrats on treking down down there and singing with the choir and for making it in the paper.

You are an incredible person, you venture out into this world with bravery and you inspire others to live. I am amazed by you.