~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, November 18, 2011

Sock it to Twilight. An Homage in Honor of Breaking Dawn. Brace Yourselves.

All right Twilight fans! In honor of Breaking Dawn, Part One: The Fade To Black -- which opens TODAY (I KNOW! SQUEE-CITY!) (except not really. i'm sort of the anti-squee, in this case), I give you the Twilight Sock Puppet Troupe.


Two young women, cousins, who have never read the books (but one of whom has a parent--I won't say whether it's the mother or the father, but he's a cop--who listens to the audio books in his cruiser, er, car) have created a marvelous homage to the series--with a focus on New Moon. It was recorded on an iPhone in the basement, using cast off socks for the main characters, and comes complete with paper scenery and narration. Sort of. Also, it has an alternate ending. Truly, it is an independent film of epic proportions whose volume you must strain to hear because, did I mention? it was filmed on an iPhone.


I have to say I was impressed with the insight into the series that my daughter and niece display in this clip. Especially having never read the books or seen the movies. Also, they're pretty hilarious and cute. You can see their little heads occasionally behind the stage, and hear them burst into giggles here and there as they make little mistakes. All of which adds to the charm, I think. I'm not biased.


Anyway, for you, on this momentous day, we present: TwiEclipsingMoonDawn.



12 comments:

Shelly said...

All of the books were great. The movies well....I'm not lining up to see them. I'll wait for the DVD.

Robin said...

Freaking hilarious! The vid kept locking up at 3:53 for us. Anyone else have that problem?

Janiel Miller said...

Rob - Hmm. I just tried it and it didn't lock up on me. Maybe try it again later and let me know?

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Hahaha! They have some serious sock puppet skills.

Normally I'm a bigger fan of Edward, but as far as sock puppets go I'm definitely going with Jacob. He just has more of a cool vibe going. :)

Norma Beishir said...

From what I hear, this is better than the actual movies!

William Kendall said...

Oh, that's hilarious!

William Kendall said...

And Sock Bella has more expressiveness then her movie counterpart... who lacks the ability to show anything more then sullenness.

The Desert Rocks said...

Very cute.

Robin said...

The kids went directly to YouTube and saw the whole thing. They loved it, especially 'I'm going to jump off a freaking cliff!' Still laughing!

Janiel Miller said...

Thanks, dudes! I'll pass it on to the puppeteers. They'll be pleased. And giggly. :)

Maegan Langer said...

My fav is when the yarn-dreds go flying through the air as poor Laurent meets his maker. So clever!

Russo said...

This post was just hilarous, freaking funny when I saw it the first time, even funnier now. Good addition to the blog!