~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, December 12, 2011

Drumroll, Please

The lights are my favorite part of this season. There's something kind of magical about them. I spent the weekend in full Christmas Vacation mode, covering every feasible surface in my house with Christmas lights.

The Christmas tree(s). 



The mantle.



The gnome shrubbery in the den. (Can you spot the Gnome?)


The palm-tree shrubbery in the front room.


Harry Potter (the cat, not the boy wizard).


The Divine Miss Q (we'll see if she ever writes another guest post after this).


And, in a move that would make Russo (not to mention Clark Griswold) proud, I twisted my ankle stepping down off my window seat when I was hanging lights in my bedroom window. Not to worry, we had plenty of ace bandages in an appropriately festive color.


Yep, it's a dangerous business, stringing Christmas lights. But someone has to do it.

P.S. Have you checked out our latest guest post? Scroll down to last Friday to read about author Jennifer Beckstrand's journey to publication. I especially liked the part where she talks about taking fourteen years to write her first novel. Maybe there's hope for me yet - I'm only going on three!

6 comments:

jenna said...

A holiday related injury means you get more presents, I'm pretty sure.

jjsundevil said...

ima lite fanatic
the ankle thing suxs

Janiel Miller said...

Ack! Sorry about the ankle. But love how you lit it up. :) Hope it heals quickly.

William Kendall said...

I take it your house can be seen from space this time of year?

Maegan Langer said...

That was my original hope, but then I knocked out the power for the greater metropolitan area, so I had to scale it back a bit.

Russo said...

I agree, Christmas lights are stunning and the pics that you took are beautiful.

The Divine Miss Q looks so regal is that pose and with the lights.

And how is your ankle? Has it healed? Thinking of you, girl.