~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 27, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

Are you ready for a random link round-up? Good, because that's what I got. First off, I read an article this week about a Utah judge who's been assigning book reports as part of some sentences:

"He hopes reading Les Miserables and other unconventional orders help people understand not all is lost because they have committed a crime. He uses them most often for first-time offenders - especially those who seem to have given up hope."

Reading as punishment? Sign me up! If I ever get arrested (knock on wood), I hope this guy is the one who doles out my sentence. I've been meaning to read Les Miserables anyway.

In other news, you probably heard this already, unless you've been living under a rock. But I'm still gonna talk about it. She's baaaaaack! J.K. Rowling announced that she'll publish her next book, this time for adults. No title, no release date, no description, no problem. Once again, sign me up!

In other, other news, have I ever mentioned that I love Snow Patrol? Because I do. If you're not familiar with them, check out some of my favorite songs of theirs here, here, and here. Lead singer Gary Lightbody gave me more reason to love them when he posted this on his tumblr on Friday. Here's hoping they can secure a spot on the next movie's soundtrack.

And in final, other news, did any of you watch the Oscars last night? I didn't. I used to get really into that stuff, but I've gotten kind of bored with it all the past few years. Did I miss anything good this time around?

Happy Monday everybody! Sending you all good vibes for the coming week.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I don't watch the Oscars, so I'm as in the dark as you, aside from reading what was in the paper this morning.

The rep theatre near my place was showing the live broadcast of the ceremony.

Russo said...

I agree, reeading as punishment, so there. Although Les Miz would be super hard for those who hate to read.

And I heard the J.K rowling news from you. Yep, you are my news source. AH, Snow Patrol, I love them!

Trust me, you missed nada with the Oscars :)