~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 13, 2012

More Adventures in Dating

In honor of Valentine's Day, I give you a true story from my life. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. And the guilty.

Boy: So, are you free on Saturday? There's a concert I'd like to take you to.

Me: Sure! I'd love to.

Boy: Uh, don't you want to know who it is?

Me: Oh, yeah. That might be good to know . . .

Boy: It's Depeche Mode. Do you like them?

Me: I do! I love their new song, Precious.

Boy: Great! I'll pick you up at seven.

--Later that week--

My mom: So where's he taking you?

Me
: We're going to see Depeche Mode.

Mom: No. Way. You get to see Depeche Mode?!? I am so jealous! I wanna meet this guy. I have to meet him.

--Saturday night, around seven--

Doorbell: *ding dong*

Me
: Hi.

Boy: Hi.

Mom: Hi! It's so nice to meet you. You have GREAT taste!

Boy: . . .

Me:  . . .

Crickets: *chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

Mom
: I mean, obviously you have great taste in Maegan, but you also have great taste in music!

Boy: . . .

Crickets:
*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

Me
: Okaylet'sgobyeMom!

Fini.



5 comments:

Cassidy Jo said...

haha! was this in high school?

Maegan Langer said...

Nah, I was in college when that album came out. Nice to know I look younger than I am, though :)

Russo said...

Oh my goodness, I am giggling. I loved your insert of the crickets chirping. I also loved how you set up this post Boy, mom, me-so stinking cute for V-Day!

William Kendall said...

Oh, that's hilarious!

I've heard of Depeche Mode... but can't for the life of me draw out a song. Am I better off that way, or worse?

Maegan Langer said...

I don't really have strong feelings about them either way. The height of their popularity was kind of before my time. I do like the song I mentioned in the post, though, called "Precious." If you click on that word in the post, it's hyperlinked to the music video on Youtube.