~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 16, 2012

Have You Ever Wondered . . .

. . . why old books smell the way they do? I love that smell. I could wander around a used or antique bookstore forever. This is one reason why I'm so reluctant to get an e-reader. There's something charming and comfortable about a genuine ink and paper book, especially an old book, that you don't get with a screen and a bunch of pixels. Books soak up the history around them, just like people.

This video actually made me feel a bit nostalgic for my college chemistry days. Now there's something I thought I'd never say!

3 comments:

Janiel Miller said...

That was fascinating! I agree with the grassy-acidic-vanilla-musty smell description of old books.

Gnomies, I think we're due a visit to The King's English bookshop. Maybe a video visit, yeah?

William Kendall said...

I know exactly how that feels! There's nothing quite so inviting as walking into an old book store and taking in the atmosphere. It's like coming home....

Russo said...

This post was really cool, Maegan. How did you find this video because because I love it. I love the desciption of the book.

And kudos to you for feeling nostalgic for college chem- I seriously loathed college human biology. So I admire the that about you, my super smart friend.