~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 30, 2012

On Multi-Tasking

I'm a little distracted right now. For the past year, I've been helping to plan a Welsh-language course for this summer. Now that the course is only a few months away, the planning has been kicked up about three notches. My powers of concentration are wrapped up in class schedules, guest lecturers, scholarship grants, publicity (shameless plug - click HERE!) and pub-hunting (yes, pub-hunting, but that'll be another post). So, there isn't much left over for new and exciting blog posts, or writing in general, for that matter. In fact, I've told all the other voices in my head - the ones that belong to the book I've been working on for, I don't know, maybe thirty years now, and my new short story - to chill out until I can give them the attention they deserve. I can only do so many things at once.

This may be the lamest blog post ever.

At least I got to see Snow Patrol in concert this weekend. I even managed to get some footage. But then my phone ate the footage. Maybe it's for the best. This clip is a little better quality, i.e. less shaky and not shot from a mile away.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Ah, Wales, where the village names have seventy eight letters....

Cassidy Wadsworth said...

Love the post :) Good luck with all that fun Welsh-ness!

Janiel Miller said...

I just watched "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain." LOVE. What a great and bizzarro thing the Welsh accent is.

I'm sending good brain-organization-vibes your way. Good luck with all that. Most especially finding a pub. Bwa! Can't wait to read that post.

Russo said...

Oh I adore Snow Patrol, so cool you got to see them in concert. Plus, the guys are hott!

I can't believe all that you do, preparing for the welsh language course (PS-keep me posted if you need anything with the prepping.) You need a secretary. I got your back.
Pub hunting- now that I know from my--ahem, nevermind :)