~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 23, 2012

Where The Wishing Comes In

Have you ever been reminded of something good that you didn't even know you'd forgotten about? That happened to me last week when I attended a performance where the choir sang "When You Wish Upon a Star." I hadn't heard or thought about it in years, but as soon as I heard those first three notes, I went, "Oh yeah, I love this song!"

Don't get me wrong. I've been around long enough to know that simply "wishing on a star" ain't enough to make stuff happen. Dreams take work. Like any compelling protagonist, we have to take an active role - become the hero of our own story, if you will. But sometimes, after you've done everything you can do, you have to trust the Universe to meet you halfway. That's where the wishing comes in.

Like a bolt out of  the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true.




(Is anyone else feeling an irrepressible desire to go to Disneyland right now? Or is it just me?)

4 comments:

Janiel Miller said...

Oh, I remember this! And we do need to wish and dream and keep it light, don't we? After the work?

Pinocchio freaked me out as a kid. But I loved Jiminy. I wanted one just like him to keep in my pocket as a hidden friend.

Maegan Langer said...

I know! Jiminy's the best. There's a gazillion different versions of this song, but you can't beat the original.

William Kendall said...

"Pinocchio, tell the truth, because I know when you're lying. Did you help Dick Cheney get away with shooting that attorney?"

"No, Poppa, I... oh, I mean, yes... I guess I did."

Russo said...

I adore this post, I have come back to it a couple time now just to hear the music. So creative to remind us something from our you and how it correlates with our dream.