~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, May 11, 2012

How to Cop a Positude

When my middle kid was much shorter than she is now (and younger than she is now), there was a week where she was home from school with a pretty miserable flu. Most of us had had it, and had spent our week laid out and moaning. 


In the middle of her little bout, I went to check on her and found her like this:
What you can't see in this pic is the vomit-bowl sitting on the bed next to her just in case, the plate of barely nibbled saltine crackers, the book she was trying to read, and her stuffed horse, Clippity, who stayed next to her the whole time for comfort. 

So I asked how she felt, and this was her response:
Yep. That bottom picture is EXACTLY how she felt. But check out her cherubic little face in the top picture. That's the face she showed to all of us. The. Whole. Week. 

She was six years old.

This child is simply like that. She doesn't do unhappy. She doesn't like to make other people unhappy. So she tries very hard to stay positive. With the result that everyone around her loves being, you know, around her. And when she's feeling like garbage, that's how she cheers herself up. By finding, being, or doing something positive. And helping someone else feel, be, and do the same thing.

That is a 'tude I like. It's one I should cop. Girl's got Positude. And no matter what you're doing, it's going to be easier and smoother with some of that top picture tucked in along side it. I think it's pretty simple: it's all about finding the good stuff, and then focusing on it, so it becomes where you live. Then, like my kidlet up there, you just spread it around. 

And by the way, she didn't learn it from me. I'm trying to learn it from her.

And a little child shall lead them, right?

3 comments:

jjsundevil said...

my attitude is my downfall
must improve

William Kendall said...

Positude is so a word!

Now....

Russo said...

Oh, being sick stinks. I love this idea, being happy even your body isn't up to par and you feel lousy. What's even more incredible is that she learned to be positive even at a young age. I adore this post:)