~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, July 16, 2012

This Is Crazy

Unless you've been living under a rock in the Amazon, you've probably heard Carly Rae Jepson's "Call Me Maybe." This week, I discovered not one but three alternate versions of this song. (I have a feeling there are many, many more.) Whether you like the original or not (I do, but I can understand why some don't - we only hear it played 10-to-the-24th-power times a day), you can't deny that each of these are clever and delightful in their own way.

First off, I dare you not to get up and dance to this one. Or at least bounce a little in your chair - like me.



This one doesn't need an intro. Certainly any intro I write could never do it justice.



Isn't it customary to save the best for last?



I have reservations about posting the official music video, but the ending is priceless. Check it out here.

I'll be at a Welsh-language course next week, but be sure to stop by on Monday because my lovely friend Kristin Johnson will be guest posting. See y'all in two weeks!




8 comments:

Janiel Miller said...

Okay, the Jimmy Fallon version is pure joy. Love it. But I do have to say that WE NEED MORE WOOD BLOCK, JIMMY!

Cookie Monster --love, love. What's not to love about a muppet version of anything?

Janiel Miller said...

Just watched the official video--thought it was a YA novel made into a music video. Then it came to the end. BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *sniff* hahahaha!

Maegan Langer said...

Too bad they didn't work some cowbell in there too . . .

Maegan Langer said...

Yeah, you can see why I wasn't too keen to post it at first, until I got to the ending - made me laugh out loud!

Janiel Miller said...

Hilarious Star Wars Cover! Now imma have to watch me some Wookie. Been a while since I saw those movies.

William Kendall said...

As is so often the case, you've got me falling about laughing!

densleyjazzfan said...

Im a seseme street fan but don't tell NE ONE

Russo said...

I hadn't heard of this song until reading your post. I've been living under a rock this summer. I loved the Seseme Street version. PS- I'm so glad your Welsh conference went so well.