~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, August 13, 2012

It's The Climb!

My Gnomies and I have been doing this blog for over two years. In that time, we've gotten some awesome readers and commenters in y'all. I feel like we all know each other well enough now that I can finally talk about something that's been eating me up inside, without fear of ridicule or abandonment.

That Miley Cyrus song, "The Climb"?  I like it. A lot.

I know. But hear me out. Not only is the tune catchy, but the words are all wise and inspiring and stuff. The chorus goes like this:

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose.

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other si-i-i-hi-i-iii-de
It's The Climb.

I don't know about you, but that sounds like some pretty good advice for us writerly and/or creative types. And since I love you all soooo much, I've provided the music video so you can see what I'm talking about. (Keep an eye out for the lasers and the slo-mo hair toss - good stuff.)




Whew! This has been kind of therapeutic. I should do this more often! Thank you for giving me a safe place in which to air my shameful little secrets. Now please accept this healthy dose of British humor as a palette cleanser. Because British humor is the best.





2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Must... hold back... Miley Cyrus... snarkiness...

Russo said...

My niece love Miley-I agree this song is fantastic. The minute I heard it I thought of all of our journeys as we chase this dream of ours.