~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, October 19, 2012

A Moment of Peace

Please Press the Play Button


(Okay, this is Irish music and this post is all about Canada. We all have ancestors from everywhere, right? Just let it flow through you, babes. Its internationalness will speak to your soul.)



Now Gaze:
(Peggy's Cove Lighthouse - Nova Scotia)

(Peggy's Cover proper - Nova Scotia)
(Population 35-42. Sometimes.)


Lust After:
(Halifaxian Boots That I Could Not Afford. Weep!)


Salivate:
(Wicked delicious fare at The Bicycle Thief restaurant, Halifax, N.S. Yep. That's pistachio salmon and pretty potatoes. There were shawls on the chairs in case the wind from the bay froze your toes. I heart that.)


Now Sigh:


This moment of peace brought to you by the Gnome-Butt-Kicking Gnomeslayer, Janiel (and her equally Tush-Tromping Huz, Bruce.) Yeah. It's all about the Atlantic off the coast of Nova Scotia. You want peace? That's where you go. It's where we go'ed, the huz and I. In August. We each needed to remember what the other looked like, so I used some miles to join my boy on a business trip. And it was heaven. 

Can you tell?

Where do you go for peace?


6 comments:

William Kendall said...

Peggy's Cove is one of those achingly beautiful spots in the world.

I'll go out into nature generally for peace and quiet. One of my favourite places in the world is sitting on a clifftop in Algonquin Park, on a trail called Centennial Ridges. The cliff in question overlooks Whitefish Lake below, and feeling the breeze at your face, the call of a loon from the lake... that's peace.

Norma Beishir said...

William, you were right. This is incredibly beautiful....

Maegan Langer said...

I can feel the internationalness flooding my soul!

Janiel Miller said...

:) Stunning place, that. Achingly beautiful, as William aptly put it. We should totally do a writer's retreat up at Peggy's. William and Norma should stop by and we could all go get Moo's ice cream at the Halifax Harbor.

But we'll have to get rich and famous first.

William Kendall said...

That would be an understatement, Janiel!

Russo said...

This shots are stunning, Janiel. You're a great photographer. I've always wanted to visit Canada, my Auntie lived there.

The food looks divine and I adore those boots. I'm glad you shared the pics.