~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, October 8, 2012

In Which I'm On TV (in Wales)

I was a biology major in college. Even though I like science, it's not my forte. I reached a point in my college career where I needed to do something other than physics, biology, statistics and - shudder - organic chemistry, or I was going to go Bat-Smear Crazy. I decided to give my brain a breather. I took a creative writing class for fun and, on a whim, signed up for Welsh language classes as well. Now, years later, the writing and the Welsh are the things that really stuck.

Every summer, I go to Cymdeithas Madog's week-long Welsh language course. This past July, the course was held in Salt Lake City, Utah. My friend and fellow Welsh geek, Maria, produced two lovely videos of the course. They were featured on the Welsh learners' program, Hwb, but you can see them right here. 



And here's one more, in which we list some of our favorite Welsh words. Are you surprised that mine has to do with books?




If you'd like to see more of Maria's work, including a segment on self-published, New York Times bestselling author, Amanda Hocking, check out Maria's website HERE.

5 comments:

Janiel Miller said...

Maegs! You're totally gorgeous and chic and cute in your segment! Loved it. Welsh is fascinating! And what a well done video.

Janiel Miller said...

And honey, sorry but you just outed yourself as brilliant in front of the camera. Lovely and pleasant. So NO MORE are you going to get away with claiming camera-shyness, Toots.

William Kendall said...

You look good doing that!

And the language does sound peculiar!

Maegan Langer said...

Thanks, Janiel and William!

Russo said...

I love when you post videos, they are always different and fun. I adore your Welsh video, you look so chic.

I love that you take Welsh language classes-you just go for things. I also admire that you took the tough classes in college. Holy cow, you're smart.