~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 11, 2013

Does This Blog Background Make Us Look Fat?

....because seriously, I worry about that sometimes. I mean, it's so busy and stuff. And we change it all the time. And now we're trying this new posting schedule where we each take a whole week to write whatever we have time to write (because life gets busy, you know? -- what with Russo getting her degree, and Maegan learning to be a screen writer, and me writing for the local paper. Plus now they are considering having me Vlog. Except I'm not sure what to Vlog about. And I kind of doubt Caytelynne's PruView's are what they are looking for.) AND, sometimes we get together and eat cake from The Chocolate. So I'm concerned that, taken all together, we look fat. At least literarily.

But the thing is, we're each testing the waters of What Works And What We Can Contribute To The World. And it's still evolving. It's interesting to me how some people can throw something out there and, WHAM! It settles into exactly what they need it to be. Like my friend Robin of Rurification fame. Or April of Flour Water Yeast & Salt. Us Gnomies? We're still getting there--at least in terms of The World.

Well, just to show you that I still have faith in everyone, and that I'm totally not worried about anyone looking fat, I am going to include a favorite recipe of mine right here on this blog. Ready? (This is actually a recipe from our dearest of darling friends, Loraine Scott, authoress of the Summer Winter Murder Mystery Series. Which is highly appropriate since these cookies will kill you all the way dead from their chocolateness. Seriously. Wicked.)


Baker’s Death By Chocolate Cookies

2 pkg. (16 squares) Baker’s Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup flour
¼ tsp baking powder
2 cups chopped nuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg.) of the chocolate; set aside. Microwave remaining 8 squares chocolate in large microwavable bowl on high 1-2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder. Stir in reserved chopped chocolate and nuts. Drop by ¼ cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch. Cool on sheets 1 minute. Cool on wire racks. Makes 1 ½ dozen cookies.

 Now, run along and have a nice, healthy, organized, successful day. And enjoy this blog background because it will likely change soon.  I'll be back sometime this week because I can't shut up.

Later, 'maters! Hearts!

(And hey, if you're interested in reading more thoughts, check out today's post on my other blog: The Movie Police. Literally.)

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

If one must die... death by chocolate is a worthy death.

Russo said...

2013 is bringing a lot of surprises, it's so cool Maegan's being a screen writer, and you're writing for the local paper. So many cool achievements, I'm proud of my fave girls.

Oh, before I forget, I love the blog backgrounds your pick.

I LOVE Loraine's cooking, so glad you posted the recipe!