~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Russo's confessional

Right now, I am in my final semester of college. I feel saddened to see this chapter end and yet, so thrilled. If I have to write one more blasted thesis statement I might bawl my brains out. As I near the end of this journey, I am reminded of the beginning. This is a beginning that still horrifies me to this day.

My first two years of college was packed with dancing on tables and snoozing on mattresses under the stars. College brought out the best and the worst in me. Most people find what they are made of in college.  Me? Well, college made me discover myself and I didn't like what I found. 

It wasn't like I set out to become a lush or a pill popping addict. It just sort of happened. One minute I was dancing with my super hot boyfriend of the time and the next, I slide into oblivion. 


What you may not realize is that a venture into oblivion can be a gift. The darkness compels you into a greater awareness. This knowledge does not come without a price. Come, my friends and I will give you a peek into oblivion.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Well I know I had to hit rock bottom before I sought help. Like you say, in a way that is a gift.