~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Embarrassing moment alert

This weekend I made a fool of myself at a poker tournament with the guys. Have ya'll ever tried to focus on a task while a fly is buzzing around you? For some reason the task becomes impossible to accomplish. Usually, I let the fly buzz around with no problem but this day was different. I was on a roll with poker.

Instead of letting the fly buzz around, I decided to take that the bug out. Nothing was going to ruin my focus. I gripped the fly swatter and waited for him to land on a surface. Too bad my brain was hyped up on adrenaline because the minute the fly landed on the light bulb, I swung.

Yep, I forgot that the surface was a light bulb. Needless to say, you can imagine everyone's surprise when they heard the sound of breaking glass. I took that fly out as well as the light bulb.

I should have been focusing on my game but instead I let that fly get on my nerves. As a result, I got ribbed the whole entire night about the light bulb. Yep. lesson learned; do not focus on the small stuff.


2 comments:

Norma said...

They can be a huge nuisance!

This made me think of an incident that happened years ago when my family was traveling across the country from Missouri to California. We stopped at a diner in Amarillo, Texas. There was a huge fly annoying the diners. My dad finally spoke up. "I'm only paying for half of this. That fly has to pay for his half."

William Kendall said...

It's not just the rest of the night... they'll remind you of that for years to come.