~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ICY HOT and tears do not mix

I am learning, when chasing a dream you have to know your limitations. Sometimes a skill is just out of your range. Doesn't mean you can't acquire that said skill with hard work, it just takes time to get where you want to be.

It's 3am, I should be sleeping but instead I'm riddled with a sharp pain in my shoulders. A few days ago, I helped my parent's move out of my childhood home and into a condo. I should have helped my sister organize the new kitchen but nooo, I had to prove that I had the strength of Xena the warrior Princess. I'm paying the price of my ego.

On a more random note, check out these shoes from 1999 that I found in the small garage. I'm 6'2, all leg, so, you can tell how freaking tall I was in these babies. I wore my 3inch wooden platforms religiously.

Check out the cat, Bebe who's poking her head around the bend. S'up Kitty.


This year has been full of changes. My parents moving and my Uncle is really sick. Mom says he's probably going to pass away soon. I'm realizing that life never stays the same. The trick is to embrace the change. Roll with the punches, if you will.

And if those lessons are not learned, at least remember to chuck your ego out the door when seizing your dream.

*We are pleased to announce that a special someone will guest post on Monday. You won't want to miss that day.

18 comments:

shelly said...

Very true. Very true. And of course I'll follow. Love the inspiration I get from reading others' blogs.

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

What a great blog. Following from WD

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Thanks for stoping by. I didn't intend to have 6 blogs. I only keep 4 current. The other two are bible study-healing blogs. Following through GFC

Norma said...

Count me as a follower, too! This looks like a blog I'm going to enjoy following....

densleyjazzfan said...

Why didn't you call me? I'd have helped ya move.

Janiel Miller said...

Thanks for following, everyone!

And Russo, ducky, great point. Ego chucking should be an olympic sport. Nice post!

Nice shoes too . . .

Sara B. Larson said...

Ooh, love the shoes. They look similar to ones I owned once upon a time... :) (And my SIL still wears hers, ha ha!)

A big change like that can be hard to swallow, but it can also end up being a good thing. That is definitely the only constant in life... change.

Fi said...

Great post. My husband asked me last night if I had regrets about a house move we didn't make and the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I don't 'do' regrets. Maybe it's my age but I've got to a point in my life where I can find the good in whatever situation I'm in. Change is only a challenge if we fight it.

I only recently found you and I've awarded you the 'One Lovely Blog Award' - http://fionajphillips.blogspot.com/2011/02/ive-won-award.html

Janiel Miller said...

Thanks you for the award, Fi!. I love that you don't do regrets. I'm working toward that. Regrets keep us in the past. NOW is where I want to be. And it makes for a better future.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Donna Banta said...

Great shoes -- and kitty. Also, "don't do regrets" is an excellent philosophy. Love this post!

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Granny Annie's blog. Your comment means a lot.

Inspiring You To Save! said...

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate the nice comment. Hope you visit again soon.

http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

What is life if not change. Rolling with the punches is the way to go, to be sure.

Those shoes are hot. I bet you look fabulous in those babies. I've always wished I could be tall.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Thanks for following. I am following back. I am looking forward to looking around your blog.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

The Preppy Student said...

I actually love the wooden platforms! following you back!

Ashley said...

"...chuck your ego out the door when seizing your dream"

I am going to post this somewhere I see it every day. Such a great quote. :)

Thanks for visiting!

Ellen said...

Great reminder not to let our 'egos" get the best of us.

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more of your posts.

~ Ellen

Twinpossible said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and following me:) Very nice blog!!

I love that your cat is named Bebe...one of my favorite clothing brands. He or she must be a sweetheart, lol.

Just got ya back friend. xoxo shelly

http://www.twinpossible.com/blog