~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Famous people who were told they wouldn't succeed

Some of the very best dreamers have been told they will never achieve their dream. According to US Weekly, Lea Michele from Glee was told "You're not pretty enough. Get a nose job."

Have you been told you cannot achieve what you desire? Well, you are in good company.

Salma Hayek was harshly informed that "she should go back to Mexico, settle down and have kids."

Where would these people be if they listened to the naysayers? My friends, you have an incredible amount of talent. I am in awe of every single one of you. You can do whatever you set your mind to, sounds cliche but it's true.

And if you need one more example of this look to January Jones of Mad Men. She was told by her boyfriend "I don't think you're going to be good at this."

Let me say, you CAN do this. Your dream is waiting for you. Keep working, keep growing. We're behind you all the way.

5 comments:

shelly said...

When I was nine my other told me no one would ever publish me because I was nobody. When I was eighteen she told me I'd never be able to survive without a man. At thirty and five children later, my hubby left me. I went to college and worked three jobs to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. I survived nicely without a man in life for a long while. Never believe the negative crap but beware of flattery.

Norma said...

Walt Disney was told he lacked creativity. Somebody ended up eating a lot of crow!

Janiel Miller said...

Shelly, I bow in your direction.
You are woman. You have roared.

Janiel Miller said...

My favorite: The notes for Fred Astaire's first Hollywood audition said: Can't sing, can't act. Can dance a little.

William Kendall said...

I suppose whoever said that about Salma Hayek must be eating their words over and over again....