~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dealing with life's little surprises

Do you ever have those weeks where life just takes you by surprise? This has been that kind of week for me, two young people from my past have died. Granted, I haven't spoken to either of them for years but their passing has really made me stop to think about life and the dreams we chase.

You realize that some people come into your life randomly. They sit a spell with you and then they are gone but that doesn't mean they didn't influence you. Losing them changes how you exist. You notice life, you see the beauty in rain and the smell of pine trees.

On this day, I sit at this computer and listen to the wind. It sounds like someone is screaming outside. My condo shakes as my cat Lux stretches out on my suitcase. I begin to think about why we chase the dreams we do.

Why do you pursue your dreams? I write about death because it can't seem to escape me. Sometimes the things we pursue help fill a need. Yes, chasing our dream can be exhausting. However, in the tough moments in life your dream can help you cope and that's a beautiful thing. Cherish your talent, my friend. You have something beautiful within you.

PS- Next week I will post a short story, so sorry for the delay.

3 comments:

jjsundevil said...

sad week but U got me

William Kendall said...

I have yet to have had a death in my life where it wasn't expected. It's possible, of course, that like you, someone I knew years ago has passed away and I may not know of it for years to come.

densleyjazzfan said...

the ides of march or whatever. i hate march.