~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Setbacks and how to deal with them

My dear friends, there are always going to be setbacks in life. I'm learning it's just a part of the game. My brother told me a crazy fact and I thought it might inspire you on your journey toward your dream.  He said that Beethoven became deaf at the pinnacle of his inspiration.

I'll admit, I didn't really know much about Beethoven but anyone who can work through a setback like losing their hearing has my utter respect.

You may have your own setbacks in life but you need not worry. You are talented beyond measure. You have a gift that is going to touch people's lives.

Look those setbacks in the eye and keep going, keep working. The world is waiting for your creativity.

3 comments:

shelly said...

I thought Mr. B was born deaf. ***shrugs***
Great post as always, Russo. You're great.

William Kendall said...

He gradually became deaf over time. The cause is up for speculation, but by the time he wrote his masterpiece, the Ninth Symphony, the hearing was pretty much gone. Still, he knew, as he wrote the music, how it would be heard, because he'd absorbed enough music before he lost his hearing to have an innate understanding of the sound of each specific instrument.

Maegan Langer said...

I prefer to think of setbacks as the Universe's way of letting you know you're doing something right :)