~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I walked around the city with a gigantic branch in my hair

Ya'll know I have done some pretty stupid things in my past. I'm the gal who has fallen into a pond while on a hot date. I'm known to trip, say ridiculous things and so on. But never have I walked around the city with a large branch in my hair.

Okay, let me give you the details. This summer I took on one of my fears-college algebra. Get this, I passed the class but as a result I have gone ninety miles an hour. I didn't see friends, family and I didn't do anything fun. All I did was study. You know how it is-if you're going to face a fear you have to give it your all. Now, I'm trying to get back to the basics. I'm cooking (okay, more like I'm burning food but whatever) I'm seeing my Gnomies and just living life.

So this weekend I went on a shopping spree. I bought boots, skirts and darling lil English Fascinators. I walked around the outdoor mall with my friend Jameses. I must have been on cloud nine because I walked right into a tree. This is normal thing for me. I'm always tripping so I just rubbed my head to make sure I wasn't bleeding and then went on with my business.

I continued to walk around the mall and the more I walked around the more people started staring at me. I figured I must have been looking goooood. I had on my tennis skirt with my chucks. I even wore this funky lil headband. I kept shopping and all the while an old man stared at me with a confused look on his face. A child even grabbed his momma's skirt and his momma whispered, "It’s not polite to stare."

I shrugged my shoulders and just kept shopping. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I had been walking the streets of the city with a gigantic branch in my hair. I must have looked like I walked out of a jungle. The branch was thick and as long as two pencils put together. The branches had green leaves and everything.

Yep, someday's just aren't going to go the way you planned. Even so, live it up, my friends.


11 comments:

jjsundevil said...

babygirl u crack me up

jjsundevil said...

U rox that branch

Shelly said...

Russo you crack me up. Have you had any experiences with toilet paper?

Hugs,
Shelly

Janiel Miller said...

Hahahahahahahaha! Russ, you are the best. We need to shop.

Tara Tyler said...

great one! you should compile all your embarrassing moments! it would sell! people like to laugh at other people's mistakes =)

nice to meet you thru gutgaa too!

Suzi said...

I apologize for laughing--that was funny. Totally embarrassing, but funny.

So did your friend not notice either? Or just thought the mall patrons could use a good laugh?

Sarah Stevenson said...

Maybe they thought you were trying to pull off a radical new hairstyle? ;) (Says the person who once had the misfortune of having a bird poop on her hair...)

Norma said...

Russo, you make me feel good about all the stupid things I've done! Thank you!

William Kendall said...

Oh, dear... that just won't do at all, will it? Very funny!

Maegan Langer said...

Did you keep the branch? It would work well in a Halloween costume . . .

amy kennedy said...

Love it! All I can think of is -- The Odd Life of Timothy Green (I think that's the title) -- the little boy who comes from the garden and has...leaves and little twigs growing out of him...