~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Fool's Intervention

April Fool's Day and chasing your dream don't really mesh well. And that's a good thing because you, as a dreamer are giving your all toward your passion. The month of April allows you the chance to breathe and relax for a moment. Enjoy the silliness because it will refresh you.

With that said, lemme give you the April Fool's Day dirt- I have done some devilish pranks. Way back in the day, I had my pregnant sister pee on a pregnancy test. I then left the stick on the counter for my ex with a note that said, "You'll be a great father-NOT." Yep, I learned the hard way that you don't mess with men by giving them a pregnancy scare.

This year, I got my own comeuppance. Have you ever watched the show called Intervention on A & E? Today my family pulled an intervention on me. Lemme give you the dirt, my mom invited me over for dinner at Red Lobster. And I stupidly, came to dinner in my new super hero-style leather boots with sparkly beret. My family sits me down in the living room and says, "Russo, we love you but you have a problem."

My heart raced like a hummingbird on speed. My family has been down this path with me. Not but ten years ago, I was a coked-out mess.

I evenly stared my mom in the eyes and said, "Are you kidding me? I'm clean. I'll go take urine test right now."

My brother has tears in his eyes as he says, "You're addicted to hand sanitizer."

Strangely, my family is semi serious. Everyone is staring at me waiting for me to speak. I have no words. At this moment, I'm baffled, my eyes are blinking rapidly.

My mom, no joke, says in a calm voice, "I'm serious, you apply hand sanitizer every 30 minutes. You reek of rubbing alcohol. You have a problem."

At this point I am baffled. I began laughing so hard that my eyeliner is running into my mouth. I mean, I am the girl who once took so many pills that my lymph nodes just ached. I evenly stared at my parents and said, "I'm sorry but ya'll are worried that I over-do my germ protection?My, oh my, how things have changed."

Yep, this year, its official. I loathe April Fool's Day- I vote that it be banished from the calender. But then again, super silliness might just be our muse. Something to inspire us while on the road toward our dream.

9 comments:

shelly said...

I signed up the A-Z blog challenge relax...

Pass me your hand sanitizer. THink I need some.

Janiel Miller said...

Oh my, honey. Just . . . oh my. ;)

You are awesome, hand sanitizer or no.

Mindi said...

I will join you in hand sanitizer rehab because I have about 4 bottles of the stuff lining the inside of my driver door.
HUGS!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This is so funny! Love it! Glad you had an interesting April Fools Day!

mymy said...

with two active kids, i always have a hand sanitizer around...i just keep forgetting i have them in my bag! LOL

Maegan Langer said...

I think that I, too, may have a hand sanitizer addiction. Thank you for bringing this crippling problem to light, Russo. No longer will I have to suffer in silence. We should start a support group: (Rubbing) Alcaholics Anonymous

Lori said...

This is great - gotta love family! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Elizabeth said...

HAHA this is so funny! I love reading your posts, they always put a smile on my face and give me a laugh =]

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog, it means a lot to me to know that you enjoy reading it, and encourages me to keep posting! If you are interested my Avon website is http://emateer.avonrepresentative.com/.

Romina said...

Reading this post reminded me of one of my favorite TV show, "How I met your mother." If you've watched it, then you know that the characters love to give interventions to each other. Your family sounds great. And Red Lobster, not a bad place for an intervention.

Oh, btw, within the first 2 years of my program, we've been taught to have a thick skin due to rejected grant applications and article submissions. I still get hurt, but, I get over it. I learn from editor/reviewer comments, make my submissions better, and move on.

Thanks for stopping by. I love visitors.