~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Embarrassing moment alert

Before I get going on my post I just wanted to say thank you to all of my dear friends, be that from high school, the writing and blogging community. Anbody who has supported this blog, thank you.

Your kindness means more than you'll ever know. My writing dream is considered taboo amoung some of my family members. So, your comments and kindness are treasured.

With that said, lemme tell you about my dreadful day. I have been walking around the city with a giant sticker on my tookus.

Last night, my sister commandeered my condo with her scrap booking party. Not my idea of fun. So,when I awoke for lunch at a sushi bar with my bestie, I was a bit out of it. I threw on my leather leggings and lace shawl. The day was normal as normal could be- I tripped up the stairs while entering trax, accidentally bonked my head on some meat head's bike. Same old stuff for me.

Lunch was divine. Halfway between a large bite of tuna and cream cheese roll, I realized something was wrong. So, I stood up and had Jameses check out the stitch on my tookus. Apparently, I had a large white sticker with beautiful calligraphy state, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams."

So, I have to ask- Is that a bad sign that the sticker stuck to my rump says, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams?"

Are my dreams crap-tastic?

Oh, dear Fate, please let me know.

17 comments:

Beth@Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Had to chuckle on that one. I could see the same thing happening to me. Just think that maybe now there are bunches of men dreaming of your tush! lol

Romina said...

I'm still laughing while typing. I always look forward to reading your posts...until next week.

Lori said...

Oh, my gosh, how funny! It could have been worse - at least the sticker gave some good advice!

Donna Banta said...

I'll bet the sticker looked fabulous with your leather leggings and lace shawl.

MANDY said...

very funny...I am still giggling! I am so happy to hear that you are delving into the Outlander series. I have read the first book 3 times. I am sooooo in love with Jamie....the way he talks to Claire, the intesity of his love, his fierce devotion and his overall goodness. Listen to me, I am blabbing on and on...always happens when I talk about Outlander. Anyhoo, keep me updated on where you are at and how you are liking it. Don't let the size of it intimidate you. Just enjoy!

Maegan Langer said...

I think the universe at large is indeed telling you to go confidently in the direction of your dreams, but also have a sense of humor about it along the way :)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Hahahahaha! Oh my word. It's amazing how we can pull dreams out of our--well. Hehe. That's too funny. Nothing says it best like a bumper sticker.

Norma said...

It's an omen. Take it as a good one!

William Kendall said...

That officially rates as a weird night.

There's such a thing as a scrap booking party?

Mark R Hunter said...

Well, at least the sticker was appropriate! Or totally inappropriate. One or the other.

Self Sagacity said...

What kind of dream should this be? Humm, interesting. Just be happy resting your rump on a chair to write? LOL. You're too cute!

Unknown said...

I believe in omens. Only the good ones. Really - how lucky that the sticker you sat on had such a great quote! AND it followed you around. It's a double good omen.

The universe totally loves you.

Janiel Miller said...

I think fate is telling you to play it by rear. (HAHAHAHAA! *sniff* I love it when I'm funny.)

Seriously sweetie, you have the most fascinating life--from the leather leggings and lace shawl to the butt-billboard. And I love how you chronicle it all here. You're the best.

And I love everyone's comments here. What cool people!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

I think it's telling you to move forward and stay in the path to your dreams :) Thanks for stopping by, Russo, and leaving such a beautiful comment.

Cinny said...

Awwww....:)

Thanks for stopping by, I just posted a review and a giveaway on a great children's book if you're interested in entering for your nephew!
http://whirlwindofsurprises.blogspot.com/2011/04/childrens-book-review-adventures-of-joe.html

See you soon and hope your day picks up.

Unknown said...

Oh, Janiel! My face can't decide whether to grin or groan. Good one!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on numerous occasions. I must admit I get so wrapped up in entering contests and doing blog hops that I tend to forget to come back and leave little messages here and there. You have been one of the few that keep up with what is really going on with me and I really appreciate that very much. I have several other bloggers who keep up with me but we communicate thru email more than on the blog. Sometimes they want to share their disabilities and so they want to do that privately. But I wanted you to know I read each and every one of your comments and do not take them lightly as I am sure I must have made you feel that way by not answering sooner. There is no excuse, even if I am bone tired and can't use my hands to type anymore, I should answer each and every one of your comments. I will try to do better in the future. Thanks so much for keeping track of me. I really appreciate your kind words and always look forward to seeing what you have to say when I see your name on my blog. God Bless You for being a kind person. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Mary@http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com